Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Unread 11-03-2009, 04:06 AM

Default Update on Shevon - week 8 on elemental diet

Hello again.
At week 6 we tried introducing some mashed squash but the next day Shevon had blood again in her bowel movement. We did another week just elemental diet and yesterday tried baby food (organic pureed carrots) but the next morning, blood again. So we are doing week 8 on elemental diet.
Shevons blood work last week still showing inflammation ESR is 33 (units in mm in 1 H) C-Reactive Protein is 14 (units mg/L)
Should we wait until these numbers are lower before trying to reintroduce foods? Thanks a bunch.....Sherry & Shevon
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM

Hi, Sherry.

I'll be asking Jini and/or Dr. Najt to answer your question.

But in the meantime, yes, it sounds like a good idea that you're continuing on the strictly elemental diet for now.

Stay tuned.

Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Jini Admin

Hi Sherry,

We haven't heard much about what's happening with Shevon's emotional healing - or yours. Remember, you can do ALL the physical components right, but as the gut is the second brain, if you do not heal the emotional, behaviour patterns, beliefs, wounding, etc. then you will not see results.

In addition, as I mentioned, because children are our mirrors, if we do not heal ourselves, they will not heal either.

So, personally, I would make that your #1 Priority.

Regarding length of time on the diet, some people have stayed 3 months. Others, a pregnant woman, stayed 6 months but combined it with raw vegetable juicing to get her phyto-nutrients and this worked really well for her - baby born normal weight and fully healthy.

take care,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Unread 11-05-2009, 04:42 AM

Hi Jini,
Thank you for your input. Actually I have found an EFT practitioner here in Red Deer and have been for one session myself. I am not sure if I am supposed to bring Shevon or not.
Also tonight we did some juicing just to add something different in for Shevon we did your Apple/Carrot/ Ginger Juice. Which by the way was delicious. I think I put in too much ginger because it was a tad spicy but still really good.
As long as Shevon is on the elemental diet there is no blood which is good considering how much she had been bleeding. Also her inflammatory markers are down some from what they had been. Although her anal fissure is still there the nodule on her bottom (I am guessing it was filled with infection) is pretty much gone. She is ready for food and I am hoping that we can start soon. Would you recommend that we try at the end of each week and if there is blood just resume the elemental diet for another week? Thanks very much....Sherry
Unread 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Jini Admin

Hi Sherry,

I don't think you're realizing the seriousness of the emotional component. I think you need to make MAJOR progress on that front before trying to get her eating normally again.

If you are not seeing good progress from your local EFT practitioner, and if I were you I would be going twice per week for Shevon and once per week for you (or get the training videos and become fluent in it yourself - cheaper than private sessions), then book with Annabel Fisher:

www.efthealingcentre.com

In the meantime, I would keep her on AP and introduce more veggies juices if she can tolerate them. You can then keep her on the AP and veggie juice for as long as needed whilst you sort our the emotional factors.

best,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Unread 11-07-2009, 04:20 AM

Hi Jini,
I have signed up for the 30 minutes session with Annabel Fisher and will continue on from there and do as you recommend, but I am confused. I am not sure what we are supposed to be healing. Shevon is a normal happy, girl who does well in school, takes dance and piano has lots of friend and is very bubbly. She does not seem emotionally stressed or damaged in any way. I have had my issues to deal with, but again I don't know that it is any more than any one else has to go through in 'life'. I am divorced and that was tough but that is 50% of the population. I am doing the best that I can. Do you think my own unhappiness and past is the underlying cause of Shevons illness? Am I understanding this correctly. Shevon and I have been doing the EFT together and I ask her what is keeping her from healing but she can't answer this. Am I the reason Shevon is not getting better? I will do what ever is required to have her completely healed. Please clarify. Thanks, Sherry
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM

Hi, Sherry.

I think I can answer this for you, but if you still want Jini's input, let me know and I'll ask her to respond, as well.

A lot of people hear 'emotional factors' and they think the only people this would apply to is someone who's been through some kind of major trauma: child abuse of one sort or another, living in a war zone, fighting in a war, rape, etc.

But that's really not true, although there's no doubt that they can contributors.

Something that helped me to understand was when I read about "Capital T" traumas (like the ones I listed above) and "lower case t" traumas. What can these "lower case t" traumas include?

Things like people-pleasing behavior...extreme difficulty saying no to something you don't want to do. Feeling like you have to earn people's love through "good" behavior. Even something like feeling that you're a burden to your family because of your illness. The list goes on, but those are a few examples.

And those are the "lower case t" traumas that a lot of people with chronic illness, including myself, tend to have in common.

Just to use an example, let's choose difficulty saying no. You can probably imagine how that would be stressful. EFT shines in that it helps to examine the pattern by uncovering the beliefs that fuel it and reframing them. As you change the belief(s) behind the pattern, you can then, very naturally, change the behavior and the ongoing stress is relieved.

I hope that helps to clarify what Jini means.

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-10-2009, 02:20 AM

Thanks for the clarification Nicole. That does help alot. I am not sure that Shevon will be able to identify any emotional issues since she is only 11. We have done some EFT ourselves and I have tried to get her to name anything that is bothering her and she always says that nothing is. Even the 'being a burden' issue doesn't seem to apply to her. I am hopeful of course that something positive will result. I am not sure what else I can do for Shevon at this point. She is in week 9 of elemental diet.
Thanks again, Sherry
Unread 11-10-2009, 02:33 AM

Default A thought

Hi,
This is Kyle. You had given us some advice on cucurmin a few days ago. I've been reading what you have been saying about EFT. I'm a few years older than Shevon, but my mom and I have been messing around with EFT for a few years. I know that whenever my mom asks me about emotions my immediate response is "Nope, I don't think that." Every once in awhile, something will upset me and then my mom always asks me how I'm feeling and coaxes me into trying a little EFT.
My mom and I have both had a couple sessions with Mrs. Annabel Fisher and the sessions have really been helpful for bringing out the thoughts of my subconscious. I really think it has been especially helpful for my mom, and I can see the change in her after a session.
I hope this helps clear something up.

Kyle
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Thanks to Kyle for sharing his perspective; I'm so happy when forum members reach out to each other!