Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Unread 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Brainstorming what is Kyle's best next move

Hello,
Kyle has completed 8 full weeks on the IBD Remission diet but has had minimal weight gain. I think the reasons for him not gaining weight are the following: 1) his body is still recovering from malnutrition and is still healing his gut, which takes a great many calories; 2) probably his average caloric intake over the entire 8 week period was about 2600 Kcal per day (he only started to tolerate 8 drinks a day for the past 2 weeks); and, 3) saliva tests results showed his testosterone and DHEA were low, which results in low levels of growth hormone.
So, Kyle wants to start introducing foods to his diet. He is quite tired of the Absorb Plus. I wonder if Kyle would be better staying on the IBD Remission diet for another week or two since he is finally at 8 drinks per day with full oil amounts. Hopefully, he could gain some weight. What would your advice in this matter be? And, do you think adding raw milk to the IBD Remission diet would it be beneficial?
From past experience, this "introducing foods" portion of the diet is the hardest; this is where his inflammation begins to shoot up again and he doesn't continue consuming adequate calories for gaining wt. And, then we are right back in the vicious cycle of malnutrition and crohn's flare ups. As you can tell, I(the mother) am overly concerned about leaving the protection of the Absorb Plus diet. I want Kyle to get into remission for a very long period of time.
Also, talking about inflammation, what about Cucurmin for treating the inflammation in his gut? From bio-kinesiology testing, it tests as being significantly helpful. The Mucosaheal never seemed to do much for Kyle. He does take Aloe Vera (George's) 2 times a day.
Lastly, it is very surprising that his stool study showed no candida. However, it did show some bad bacteria called Klebsiella pneumonia(4+); the doctor suggested prescription antibiotics(which we said no), and then suggested the natural agents either caprylic acid (coconut oil) or citrus seed extract. This bacteria is resistant to oil of oregano. Have you used citrus seed extract? Do you think staying longer on the IBD Remission diet would help kill the bad bacteria? Anyway, thought you might have a few ideas on this.
Appreciate all the help you give.
Jeannie
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Hi Jeannie,

I am glad Kyle is doing better. I will let Nicole or Jini to address the shakes subject.
How is Kyle doing, any symptoms?

I just want to explain what Klebsiella pneumoniae (KP) implies in this case.

I quote an infectious disease textbook:
"Klebsiellae are ubiquitous in nature. In humans, they may colonize the skin, pharynx, or gastrointestinal tract. They may also colonize sterile wounds and urine. Carriage rates vary with different studies. Klebsiellae may be regarded as normal flora in many parts of the colon and intestinal tract and in the biliary tract"

There are three concepts that should be kept clear, normal flora, infection and disease. The normal flora "infects" our organism, mostly our guts, so KP is a normal inhabitant of our economy, it may develop a disease, that is when it "eats" our tissues, -KP may affect mainly the lungs, and it may provoke a very dangerous respiratory disease in some certain (very special conditions).

In case it is isolated in a stool culture, it has no more value other than knowing that it is there. An antibiotic should NEVER be used as a prophilactic treatment, mainly if disease is not present.

I guess WOO protocol should be continued, not because of the presence of KP but as part of the healing process.

Good luck and warm regards

Dr. Najt
Dr. Silvio Najt, MD - has specializations in Cardiology and Emergency Medicine and has practiced in both the U.S. and Argentina. Dr. Najt healed his daughter's ulcerative colitis using Jini Patel Thompson's protocols. Since then, he has trained directly with Jini and now treats patients with digestive disorders in his private clinic in Buenos Aires, using holistic protocols.
Unread 11-02-2009, 05:17 PM

Hi, Jeannie.

Thanks to Silvio for the excellent advice he shared! Isn't it wonderful having an MD who'll answer some of these questions for us?

Yes, I would continue on Jini's Wild Oregano Protocol. However, remember there are three phases to it. If Kyle's still on Phase One and his symptoms have shown noticeable improvement, ask him to check in with his gut as to whether now is a good time for him to move to Phase Two. If he wanted some help, he could even bring this up in an EFT session; EFT can be very helpful in accessing some of our own innate knowledge.

There have been a few people who have tested adding raw milk to their shakes with good results. You'll only know by trying, but that said; I think it's worth exploring. You can either use part water and part milk or simply use raw milk in place of the water completely. (You might need a bit more than 8 ounces to get the consistency you want.)

Regarding citrus seed, or grapefruit seed, extract, I'll quote from Jini:

Quote:
Grapefruit Seed Extract is also quite potent, but I don't recommend you use it if you have any tendency towards diarrhea, as it will exacerbate your condition.
If you look under Jini Patel Thompson in the columnists section of the home page of www.jptwellnesscircle.com, you'll find a question and answer article by her regarding antimicrobial substances for those who don't tolerate wild oregano oil well. Also, she's just published a new protocol in Issue #12 of Good Health is Real Wealth that might be of interest. (And gave an address where you can correspond with her directly about it, should you want to try it.) My point is simply that, although Dr. Najt is suggesting against taking an antibiotic for KP simply because it's there, should the need arise in future for something other than (or in addition to) wild oregano oil, there are viable alternatives.

Regarding the shakes, it sounds like the attending doctor has seen good improvement from his lab results (from your other post). I'd ask Kyle to dialog with his gut (see page 350 of LTYG). The key is to dialog with his gut and not with his taste buds. Again, EFT could possibly be helpful here. If his gut says it's ready for beginning to introduce some new foods, go for it. But keep the dialog open...introduce the foods his gut asks for. And again, he'll likely need to discern between what his gut wants and what his taste buds want for the time being. If his gut says it would really benefit from another week on the shakes only, go for that. (And if that's the case, again, EFT can be helpful because that might not be a message his taste buds particularly want to hear and it would be good to have all of him behind the action, without resentment.)

I hope that helps!

Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Hi,
Thanks for all the information. One of my doctor's suggested using MMS (miracle mineral supplement) to kill pathogens in my gut. Do you have any experience with this? Is it safe for IBD patients?

Also, he suggested cucurmin to help with inflammation. The type he suggested was turmeric-cucurmin. What is your opinion on this?

Thanks.
Kyle

Last edited by CM123; 11-03-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:30 AM

Default info to share for Kyle

Hi Kyle

Just thought I would let you know that my daughter's naturopathic doctor has added Tumeric (Curcuma) into her shakes 1-2 capsules per day for her inflammation. The brand he prescribed is Professional Helath Products. Web site is www.professionalhealthproducts.com. Her inflammation is still high and we have just started this, so I will post if it is making a difference. Also the N. doctor said was that you need 13 g (13000mg) of L-Glutamine per day to heal that gut lining and since the shakes only contain 1000 mg you might consider adding additional L-Glutamine. We are doing that as well. My daughter is also in week 8 of elemental diet. We tried reintroducing foods twice, once at end of week 6 (mashed squash) and at end of week 7 (pureed baby carrots) both times she had bleeding. So we are doing week 8 with the add ons to the shakes and will keep going. Also check out www.pecanbread.com for reintroducing foods list.
Good Luck....Sherry & Shevon
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Hi, Kyle.

Thanks to Sherry and Shevon for sharing some information. I love to see members reaching out to each other to provide mutual support!

Regarding MMS, Jini actually talks about it in her article in Issue #12 of Good Health is Real Wealth. You can find this in the "Infoletters" section of the home page of this website.

Here's a quick lowdown from her article:

Quote:
Chlorine dioxide - which is sodium chlorite that has been 'activated' with citric acid (also known as MMS - Miracle Mineral Supplement) is showing great promise in this field. But it is also difficult to tolerate with many discontinuing treatment due to the unpleasant side effects - nausea being particularly bothersome.
You may want to ask your doctor's opinion of the new protocol which Jini shares in the article referenced above. And, don't forget, if you want to test it, Jini is happy to correspond with you directly about it (either here or by email).

I think it's fine if you want to test the cucurmin-turmeric, but start with a small dosage (maybe 1/4 of the recommended dosage) and build up. That would be the safest way. Sometimes spices end up being irritating to the gut, even if they are anti-inflammatory.

Hope that helps!

Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Hello,
Thanks for all the great input above. We are going to start Kyle on Cucurmin-Turmeric, also. And, we will let you know how it goes.
Another question though....I am concerned about Kyle's lack of Phytonutrient intake for the past few months. I wanted to get him started on a green drink...such as Hallelujah Acres Barley Max; it is a green powder that is mixed with water. Would this be too soon since Kyle just started introducing foods to his diet 10 days ago? Kyle is currently in the Phase 1 and 2 of the Food Introd. chart.
Thanks again.
Jeannie
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Hi, Jeannie.

I did go onto the Hallelujah Acres website to have a look, but wasn't able to see the ingredients in Barley Max. (Maybe I just wasn't getting to the right page.)

I did find this, with the General Nutrition information, but that didn't tell me what I was looking for:

http://www.hacres.com/products/nutrition.asp

I know one resource Jini recommended in her new book, Listen To Your Colon, was Dr. Ben Kim's 5 Super Greens. https://www.drbenkim.com/sunshop/ind...ct_detail&p=79

So you could compare the two...

And yes, find to test. But do start slowly. Juices can tend to loosen stools, so you want to start slow to determine what the best amount for Kyle is. His body will let you know if it's better to wait on juice-type products and re-introduce them later.

Hope that helps!

Nicole
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:03 AM

Hi,
My mom and dad have begun to take the immune boost tea that Jini talked about in her videos. We were wondering if the tea would be okay for me, since I haven't had things like ginger and honey yet in my reintroduction to food (We are adding the astragalus she suggested to it.). We want to boost our immune systems so we don't get sick, especially since I have just started to feel better and want to avoid a setback.

Thanks.
Kyle
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Hi, Kyle.

Yes, that's fine. Just remember to treat that as an introduction in and of itself. You can try the tea with all of the ingredients together and test for any reaction. If you do have one, break the tea down into its individual components and test them one by one, so you can figure out which one caused you grief.

Also remember that with the medicinal mushrooms or astragalus, you don't want to take it every day continually. Take it each day for two or three weeks, then give yourself a break from it for a week. During your break, take lots of Emergen-C, so that you're still getting an immune boost, but from a different source. For more information on that, see Immune System Strengtheners in Chapter Two of Listen To Your Gut.

Take care,
Nicole