Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 12:54 AM

Default Fissures (anal and rectal)

Hello,
This is Kyle's mom.
We've got some more questions....after following the IBD Remission diet for 8 weeks, and following the reintroduction of foods as per Jini's protocol for 8 weeks (he is on Phase 3 now). One problem is, he still has some watery BMs, which keep the anus and rectum quite moist; if he stands for more than a couple of minutes, his bottom drips. That is quite annoying in itself; but, now he has developed anal fissures (he developed these during the IBD Remission diet). Kyle finally decided he'd get over being embarrassed, and let me take a look at these fissures. We've been treating the fissures with the Quad Synergy potion (DMSO, Molecula Silver, WOO, George's Aloe). This seems to have taken care of the infection; but, open wounds exist and the area stays wet. I wondered if we were using the correct DMSO potion; it seems one of the potions mentioned in the infoletters used SSKI. Anyway, do you have any suggestions on how to get these fissures to heal (I saw lots of info. in the forums re: fistulas)? What is the best way to get these open cuts to heal? How does Kyle keep his anus from being so wet? It is almost like he needs an ointment that provides a barrier between his skin and the acid drips from his bowels (kind of like preventing a diaper rash). Would the comfrey salves be the solution? Is it time to use the FissureHeal? I've explained to Kyle how important it is to wash his bottom after each BM.
Kyle is still taking 3 Absorb Plus daily and raw milk plus the foods testing okay. He continues with the ADP (oil of oregano) and Natren's probiotic per phase 1 of the WOO Protocol.
Any suggestions for hastening the healing of these fissures would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah, do you think adding L-Glutamine would help the drips? He gets some in the Absorb Plus?
Thanks.
Jeannie

Last edited by CM123; 12-22-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Forgot an item
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM

Hi, Jeannie.

I'll give you a quick answer, but I'll also ask Jini to share her thoughts if she has anything to add...especially as you are using her new protocol.

As long as any infection clears up and it's just a case of the wounds being open due to continual irritation from contact with digestive fluids, then yes, I think a combination of comfrey salve and FissureHeal is the way to go at this point. Comfrey salve externally and if Kyle is comfortable with that, he can also apply a bit just inside the anus...and the FissureHeal internally. The comfrey salve will help "seal" the area off from any seepage...and of course, the herb is very heaing in its own right.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about the drips. Intuitively, it seems to me that yes, L-glutamine could help...but I'd take it separately, on an empty stomach, for its firming effect on the stool. I'll also ask Jini to share her thoughts on that.

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Jini Admin

Hi Jeannie,

Nicole has given you good advice. The only thing that might work better than comfrey (provide more of a barrier) is Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment - or you may want to combine the two.

Yes, make sure Kyle wipes his anus with 2-ply white Kleenex, flashed under warm/hot water to moisten. Then he can fold 1 kleenex into a square and put it in his underpants (against his anus) to soak up any moisture - this also helps to keep the anus from being irritated and it is really easy to throw in the toilet and fold up a new one as needed. This is better than panty liners - which will not allow the area to breathe and will actually exacerbate the problem.

Regarding the QuadSynergy Pathogen Protocol - it sounds like you are using the formula that is for internal use. There is a different formula for external use or use with fistulas:

http://www.jptwellnesscircle.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24

Quote:
In a glass bottle, mix up:

2 tablespoons 70% DMSO
30 drops wild oregano oil
20 drops potassium iodide

Paint this mixture onto the affected area using a soft paintbrush or eyeshadow brush. Allow to dry, re-apply. Allow to dry and re-apply (so total of 3 layers/applications). Do this once per day to start (and start with just 1 layer and see if the skin is okay, then increase to 3 layers if possible) and if no irritation then increase to 2x/day and then 3x/day. Do this for 2 weeks.

NOTE: as this is an experimental protocol and the anal area is extra sensitive, you may need to experiment with the amount, frequency and possibly even the concentration. Now, if only one layer, once per day is irritating, then add 1 tbsp of George's aloe vera to the formula and test that. If still irritating, add one more tbsp. George's aloe vera, etc. Obviously we need to find the right balance between potency and skin tolerance. A mild rash is usually okay and disappears easily once you stop treatment - so get Nathan to follow his gut on this one.

Read my article on DMSO and potassium iodide for more info and why I am recommending this. The DMSO will take the wild oregano and the potassium iodide into the tissue MUCH faster and deeper than just regular transdermal application would result in.
Again, as Nicole pointed out, if there is no infection and you just need to heal a fissure, then you use the FissureHeal and comfrey.

take care,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM

Happy New Year,
Thanks a lot for the information above. We haven't used the above DMSO formula yet because the fissures aren't infected anymore. So, Kyle has been rotating George's Aloe Vera Gel, Comfrey salve, and Bach Calendula ointment. It seems to have helped immensely with the redness. However, the fissures are still open slightly, and Kyle says his bottom is still quite sensitive to bowel fluids or water. The above DMSO solution, is that used only when there is an infection? or, would it be helpful in completing the healing of the fissures? He does use the fissureheal nightly. When using the FissureHeal, should he avoid placing the healing salves on his bottom?
In regards to using the L-Glutamine, Kyle is up to 1/2 tsp two times a day but his stools are still quite liquid. Today, we upped the dose to 3/4 tsp two times a day. In "Listen to your Gut" Jini says to take this on an empty stomach (this is the hardest part of this regimen since he is eating 6 times daily...3 of those times are Absorb Plus drink). My question is, if Kyle takes the ADP (timed released Oil of Oregano tablet) with Aloe, would this be considered an empty stomach? Or, would the L-Glutamine have the same chance of clearing the diarrhea if he took it at the same time he took ADP/Aloe?
Thanks.
Jeannie and Kyle
Old 01-08-2010, 07:47 PM

On January 4, 2010, Jini replied:

Quote:
okay

1) I wouldn't use the healing salves with the FissureHeal. Just use the FH on its own.

2) DMSO potentiates the action of anything it is used with. However, it can cause a rash on sensitive skin, so again, this is an unknown and best thing would be to test it. I've noticed in my testing with DMSO and herpes remedies that it works best if I use the DMSO periodically or alternate with just wild oregano. DMSO is great at driving the wild oregano into the tissue and killing the virus, but then used often it gets too hard on the skin and skin starts cracking. So then just wild oregano is used to continue the healing whilst keeping the virus depleted. So you may have to work out a similar process for the fissures. Or, just use the wild oregano during the day and the FH at night. Remember not to do too much or that will aggravate the fissures and keep them from healing. We need a balance between treating and leaving the body to heal.

3) The L-glutamine water-absorbing action is blocked by digestion/food. So I would think you could use it with the aloe and the woo. Alternately, have you tried the bentonite clay yet? Although I must say, using Absorb Plus 3x/day, that is really contributing to the watery stools, so best would be to use a mixture of bentonite and psyllium (or ground flax). I would start with a teaspoon of each and then increase as needed (start with 1/2 tsp if you want to be cautious).

I'm thinking the bentonite/psyllium or flax would be a better tool for you because the psyllium/flax will really help to reduce the watery stools produced by AP and provide soft bulk to the stool. And the bentonite will help to clear pathogens, toxins and absorb water.
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM

On January 5, 2010, Jeannie replied:

Quote:
Hey,
Okay, the Bentonite clay/ground flax sound like a good combination. But, since Kyle is trying to repopulate his gut with Natren's probiotics (1 tsp of the 3 powders at bedtime only) should he stop taking the probiotics while taking the clay/flax for the 1 to 2 weeks? Also, won't the diarrhea start back when he stops taking the Bentonite/flax clay since I expect he will still be consuming 3 AP daily?
That brings up more questions especially since I just listened to the PH Balance Teleseminar with Maraline Krey. I am concerned that Kyle is not getting adequate Vitamin and Mineral nourishment. He probably eats between 1500 to 2000 calories a day but the majority of this food has very few phytonutrients in it. He is still in phase 3 of the food reintroduction; Kyle is reluctant to introduce many more foods because he doesn't want to have a set back (his weight gain has been a very slow process). He likes most vegetables but he can't digest them well yet....so I think he will do better if I make a "crockpot" soup like Maraline suggested; does this sound like a reasonable assumption? Is this too soon for him to be pushing vegetables? Would he absorb more of the Barley Green supplement he's been taking (1/4 tsp) if we added it to lemon water?
Kyle does take 3 APs daily which supplies many of the nutrients he needs. When you were recovering, did you get your vitamin and mineral levels blood work done very often?
Thanks. There's so MUCH.........
Jeannie and Kyle
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Jini Admin

The bentonite/flax is still fine to use since you will likely only need it twice per day, so take morning and afternoon and it won't interfere with the probiotics.

You can do the crockpot soup (or on stove top) with veggies and chicken broth and then just puree it. This should be easy to digest. Especially if you stick to easily digested veggies. See Issue #13 of the infoletter with our "Gain Weight" article and recipes. It will be available on Monday or Tuesday.

I also wouldn't do the lemon water with Kyle yet. You can add Emergen-C to water if you like though.

Also, I would get him started on the nanoparticle minerals - at least Bone Support:

http://www.worldhealthmall.com

Another thing he may be ready for is a glass of veggie juice per day, see my "Juicing Recipes" article.

have a good weekend!
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the advice.
My mom and I have been unable to find the juicing recipes you mentioned. I saw the link on the main page, but the article always seems to be empty. Is this just our computer, or are you adding the recipes later?

Kyle
Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi, Kyle.

There have been a few quirky things since Jini moved the website to a new server. I'll let her know.

In the meantime, I just tested out this link and the info came right up (as soon as I was logged in). The following article by Jini contains three juicing recipes that you can test(scroll down to "STEP 3"):

http://www.jptwellnesscircle.com/con...-&-Rejuvenate/

Hope that helps!

Nicole
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Hello,

I am not sure what to do next with the treatment of Kyle's anal fissures. The anal area looks very raw and irritated. It has some bumps that have pus enclosed into them (just 2 or 3). I guess this means he still has some infection there. I am very reluctant to paint this area with the DMSO/WOO/Potassium iodide/Aloe since I think this would aggravate the area even more. Do you think continuing the comfrey salve is enough?

Also, he still drips digestive body fluids. He is doing the Kleenex thing which seems to have helped some. Kyle takes 1 1/2 tsps of Glutamine powder twice daily but he still has some liquid stools. Kyle states he drips more when he is holding his bowel movement. Is it good for him to hold the bowel movement? He says he gets tired of going to the toilet so he holds it.

Since the glutamine powder isn't doing the trick, Kyle is agreeable to trying the bentonite clay with the ground flax (1 tsp of each twice daily). Does this need to be taken on an empty stomach? (Hopefully not, since he already takes numerous products requiring that). Will the bentonite clay block the absorbtion of nutrients? And, is there a limit on how long to take the clay?

Regarding the FissureHeal, should Kyle use this three times a day or just at night?

Thanks for your advice re: the above.

Jeannie and Kyle