Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Unread 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Default Ear Infection Protocol

I have been trying Jini's WOO protocol for ear infections with my 15 year old daughter. She has a history of chronic ear infections since she was 6 weeks old. Of course, she has improved greatly through the years and only gets a couple a year now. The drug of choice was always Augmentin which I am now convinced has ruined her gut flora. She has a multitude of stomach issues now which we are trying to heal thru probiotic therapy which she has been on for about 6 months (Ultra Primal Defense - Garden of Life, after first starting with Natren Probiotics). She has shown great improvement with her stomach issues which leads me to believe the probiotics are working.

Because I do not want to disrupt the progress being made in her gut, we have not gone to the doctor for Augmentin, but am trying Jini's protocol. The ear drops are going well. No complaints. The oral WOO seems to be affecting her stomach - tummy aches. Is this normal? she is complaining enough to the point where she does not want to continue with the oral application. Last July I started her on the WOO for candida. She stuck with it for a few days, but also had discomfort in the form of tummy aches. I know this can be the die off of the yeast. We saw results such as lots of mucous in her stool which I think is normal too?

At any rate, just need to know if the symptoms she is having with the tummy aches are normal after only one or two doses of the WOO orally (10 drops)...and should I encourage her to keep going in spite of the discomfort?

Thanks so much.

Lisa
Unread 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM

Hi, Lisa.

This is interesting to me because I had the same reaction...abdominal pain/discomfort. However, it only lasted for the first two or three days that I was taking the wild oregano oil at the full Phase 1 dosage...and I considered it noteworthy that Flagyl and Cipro produced the same kind of stomach aches for me. To me, in my mind, that was actually a sign that it was working.

She could also try olive leaf extract, if she preferred. Some people prefer that. If she would like to try it, Jini recommends the Seagate brand.

Have you read any of Jini's research regarding bacterial soil organisms, such as are contained in Primal Defense?

http://www.listen2yourgut.com/blog/g...-sos-sbos-etc/

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM

Thanks so much Nicole. I will try and pick up some of that today. I may just try giving her one dose of the WOO at night before she goes to bed. We did that lst night and she is fine this morning. Is once a day better than nothing? Or is that not doing anything?

I will read the literature on the HSO's. I am very concerned about that now since I have been giving to both my kids for a few months. Oh, the twists and turns of natural medicine

Thanks,

Lisa
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:23 PM

Hi, Lisa.

Yes, once a day is definitely better than nothing...but expect it to take longer.

You may want to experiment with a combination of wild oregano oil and olive leaf extract...for instance, take the wild oregano oil at night and take the olive leaf extract as soon as she gets home from school and just before the evening meal. Then take some probiotics in the morning, empty stomach, 20 minutes or so before breakfast.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM

Thanks Nicole,

I will try the Oil Leaf Extract next time (couldn't find it at our Vitamin Shop).

I just wanted to report that my daughter appears to be on the mend. Her ears are unplugged, though she has some remaining congestion. I am ever sooo thankful for this protocol. It worked by using just in the ears. I only gave her two doses of WOO orally and then the stomach pain started so we continued with WOO just in the ears three times a day. I am quite surprised that it worked!! And so pleased. Next time we will start right away at the first sign of infection. This time she was a couple days into it before we started.

Thanks Again!

Lisa
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM

Hi, Lisa.

Yes, I've found the same thing. The oregano oil seems to work better/faster if you take it right away, if you're dealing with an acute infection.

Take care,
Nicole
Unread 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Jini Admin

Hi Lisa,

Just to let you know, my youngest would never take the wild oregano orally either and just the eardrop formula healed him completely. Interestingly, after 2 bouts of infection and using the woo drops to heal it, he has since had 2 colds and neither of them turned into an ear infection. Previously a cold meant a surefire, guaranteed ear infection.

So you'll have to see if something similar happens with your daughter....

best,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Unread 04-29-2010, 10:04 PM

Default Update on Ear Infection Protocol

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know my daughter had another ear infection in March which I started treating as soon as she said her ears felt "full". She has a high tolerance for pain, so her ears being "full" meant she was on her way to an ear infection. I treated the ear only. She did not take it orally. Within a few days it was gone. Thank you soooo much for this protocol. I encourage others to try it. I ruined her gut as a small child with antibiotics and we are ever so slowly healing her. To have this alternative is wonderful!

Thanks again!

Lisa
Unread 05-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Jini Admin

That's great Lisa!
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.