Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Unread 11-08-2009, 02:30 AM

Default Fistula

Hi,Jini!
My son has been asking questions from this account and I would like to ask a few of my own. First of all, thank you for everything that you do--to us you are an inspiration.
My son has been afflicted with a bad flare of Crohn's for the past two years. He had a fistulectomy a year ago, but about a month after surgery the lump came back. We were told not to do anything until it would become symptomatic, although through out the year he has been experiencing pain in lower ilius and lost weight. Now, a month ago his perianal abcess was drained, the doctor wanted to put in a seton, but we refused. His infected fistula has been irregated with WOO,in fact not diluted now. The fistula still looks red and firm on palpation. In addition, we also started using DSMO with tea tree oil and silver as you suggested. I don't apply DSMO on regular basis because sometimes he feels pain and discomfort in a lower right quadrant. To me, the redness and lumpy area means a presence of infection. I would like to note that for the past week he has been on elemental diet because it helps with Crohn's itself-is it the right thing to do? I am assuming by the looks of things that the infection is still present, does this means he has to get it drained again? This is very worrisome to me, because we seem to be getting no where.
Waiting impatiently for you reply,

Tema
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM

Hi, Tema.

As long as the liquid stools that an elemental diet tends to produce are not existing through the fistula and irritating it, then yes, combining an elemental diet with anti-infection treatment directly to the fistula is the fastest way to heal it. Just remember, fastest doesn't mean within a week.

In her book, The IBD Remission Diet, Jini shares the following regarding duration on the diet:

Quote:
Complete healing of severe conditions like fistulas may require you to stay on the elemental diet for up to three months, but for most serious conditions six weeks should be sufficient.
Now, you are combining the elemental diet with infection-treating substances directly to the fistula, so that may make things progress more quickly. But even so, I wouldn't expect to see major healing of a long-standing condition take place in a single week...

Now, I'll ask Jini to comment on the topical treatments to the fistula. What you're using is a brand-new protocol that she's developed and I think you'll benefit from her direct advice there.

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Jini Admin

Hi Tema,

Why would the tenderness stop you from applying the formula containing DMSO? The formula will help to eradicate/heal infection, so that's when you should be using it - 3x/day - and hopefully it will get rid of the infection and heal the tissue.

If it causes skin irritation, then just increase the aloe vera in the formula by 50% and then increase as needed.

Also, I just received this from another reader (this was before I developed the new DMSO formula, so she just tried the Wild Oregano) and thought you might find it interesting. I am researching laser pen lights and will post a complete revised protocol on my blog when I have all the info (so subscribe to my blog at www.ListenToYourGut.com if you wish to be notified):
Quote:
My son's Crohn's first presented itself with a peri-anal abcess which was drained in the ER. While we thought it healed, it really didn't and would fill up and ooze about every 10-12 days for almost two years. Now I know this was because the internal infection was still there. It would get very red and painful so I would put hot compresses on it until I could release the infection. Once we did this it would take about another 10-12 days to "fill" back up.

In the meantime I put the oil of oregano, tried the FissureHeal, other suppositories the naturopath gave me, hot baths, mud packs, etc. Nothing seemed to work. His naturopath suggested trying the laser pen light, as she had used it for other wound healing with success. (not an abscess). Unfortunately when I emailed her today, she does not remember what the brand name or company is (it is not on the pen) but it is the same I've seen medical Drs. use, one with an infrared light.

Her theory was that the laser penetrates deeper into the tissue....add a treatment and the laser carries that deep into the wound for healing. So we used ITIRES homeopathic ointment for lymphatic drainage and SanPharma Notatum Drops (for bacterial infections) topically prior to the laser treatment. I also would sometimes add the oil of oregano topically. I did treatments of 1-2 minutes every night for about 6 months.

I started noticing immediately that the duration between the "flares" began to lengthen....i.e. 14 days, then 18 days, then three weeks, 45 days, ...sometimes backsliding to 14 days but kept a pattern in general of lengthening. I also noticed that the flares were less painful, less red and less pus, sometimes only a drop. This encouraged us to continue. It was very slow healing.

All the while I kept him on the oil of oregano orally and the healthy trinity probiotics. We then got to the point that the infection was completely gone and stopped the pen light treatments. However, I felt that he needed to continue maintenance so our other naturopathic/MD doc suggested the Lumen Photon 90 Infrared therapy product. go to www.healiohealth.com. I thought this would be better, since he is in his teen years and this is something he can do on his own. It is a pad with several laser lights and can be placed anywhere on the body (except the eyes). He does this a couple times per week (just to make Mom feel better).

He also has started placing it on his stomach. My accupuncturist states "the bad guys do not like the light." Sounds spiritual to me. So if the light kills off the bad bacteria in the abscess why not the stomach? I hope that this can help someone else and would love to hear another success story. I don't know how it worked but something did as it started to change and then disappeared.
Her story is very interesting, but note WHY the infrared light works: because it helps to drive the remedies deeper into the tissues. Well, this is exactly what DMSO does - perhaps even more effectively.

So I would keep going with the DMSO-based formula, but make sure you apply 3x/day EVERY day.

best,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Unread 11-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Hi Jini and Nicole,

I want to thank you both for taking the time to answer me. My son is not doing well, his abcess has become more redenned and is draining a yellow puss,area around is hard,opening of the abcsess very minimum.Defenitely, drainage from this time was not done properly, when fistolectomy was done 2 years ago,it healed simple, but may be from outside out.? If to assume that anal cyst is involved, can it be resolved with woo and silver or do we need another fistolectomy or simple drainage? With doctors to talk you need to be prepared with best info. Also if to go for another procedure,again antibiotics woud be involved, then gut flora again down. Today is 2 weeks on shakes and month on woo. I understand it's a long process, but usually you can see results of healing every day. My son takes woo 3 times a day. We are waiting for your response.

Tema
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:52 AM

Arrow

Hi Jini,
I would also like to ask you another question, what do you think about E3Live from Klamath Lake, I came upon it from one of your readers. I think it helps to fight with bacteria and heal fistulas, but I also saw that it could be contaminated with bacteria and be toxic, particularly sold by company Cell Tech. There is also a remedie that is called MUMIO which is popular in Russia(that's were we are from) that helps to heal tissue very quickly and is antimicrobial. The thing that worries me is that it will heal the tissue before you get rid of the infection. I very much value your opinion on this topic and would appreciate your input. You can google MUMIO to find out more about it.

Thank you,
Tema
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:05 AM

Hi, Tema.

I just wanted to let you know that I saw your question and will ask Jini to share her input with you. If she isn't able to answer you by Monday, I'll be happy to do some research myself and give you an answer. I'm writing from a hotel and the Internet connection is quite horribly slow.

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Jini Admin

Hi Tema,

I'm afraid I can't give an opinion on what to do about the fistula, this kind of question cannot be answered in written form. Do you have an integrative doctor to work with who can actually examine your son - but support you in using natural methods? If not, I strongly suggest you find one.

I looked at the two products you suggested. And yes, I would have the same concern with the E3live - they go to great lengths to say their product contains no pesticides, impurities, etc. But yet there is no listing of filtration nor testing methods to confirm this - only centrifuge. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since centrifugation shouldn't be used with delicate microorganisms since it damages the cell walls.

The mumio or mumijo though does look very interesting and I found this reference:

Quote:
In another work, T.R. Abdurahmanov (1970) reported a high effectiveness of treatment using a "thick" extract of "Mumio" in cases of chronic colitis . The preparation was prescribed in a dose of 200 milligrams per day over a period of ten days. Standard symptoms of the disease disappeared in most cases by the fourth or fifth day, and in the longest case by the tenth day of treatment.
If you try this, I would get it in capsule form, mix it with DMSO and apply it topically to the abscess, in addition to taking 200 mg per day as described above.

let me know if you try this...

Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Unread 04-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Default Crohn's not resolving

Hi Jini,

We have not talked for a long time, but we were and are doing everything possible to correct the situation. At present time my son takes morning shake and the rest is food, but he still has the same level of pain in the right abdominal quadrant. He feels like a golf ball on his right side. He describes it as severe heaviness. Also, we discovered that his levels of vitamin D are toxic(250). This test was done about four weeks ago and during this period he experienced headaches and nausea. Looking back we attribute the symptoms to this fact, because those symptoms subsided. Regarding his fistula, it is much better from the beginning, but it does not go away and it formed a fibrous tissue, because you can feel the tract by palpation without putting any dye for diagnostics. I was using DSMO RX of yours and then recently using Amy Siegal advice with laser pen of the same power. It is still reddened and palpable. We also tried auverdic herbs directly from India by ND., but the pain in his right quadrant intensified, though fistula was much better. We dropped the treatment because we got scared of the pain and went with the option of Lisen To Your Gut. Now that I described our situation , a surgeon suggests to remove a terminal illium with ileoceccal valve to resolve the heaviness issue with promises that he will be symptom free for 5-10 years. I know that Dr. Sylvio said to not look for cure in a surgery, what is the reasoning behind that? Surgery promises a quick fix to the problem-my son is anxious to return to school, he already took a year off, he wants to get back to his life. He needs to give an answer to the surgeon by Tuesday. We would greatly appreciate yours and Dr. Sylvio's input.
Also, I read about lauricin of Dr. Kabara which can be helpful for Crohn's?
As always we are very grateful for your support and knowledge. Tema
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:35 PM

P.S. Forgot to mention that my son has a stricture, hence the reasoning behind the surgery?
Thank you. Tema
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Hi, Tema.

The reasoning behind avoiding surgery wherever possible is that it doesn't solve the underlying problem...and now you have the additional factor of part of your body (along with the functions it supported) being missing.

As an example, on page 312 of Listen To Your Gut, Jini shares the report of a woman who was so ill with Crohn's that she was close to death and her doctors felt she might as well receive a complete (small and large) intestinal transplant - a risky surgical procedure - in the hopes of prolonging her life. Even on massive doses of immunosuppressive drugs, her new healthy intestine had Crohn's throughout within seven months.

Pages 313-317 of Listen To Your Gut discusses holistic vs. medical paramters to help you determine when surgery is truly necessary.

Of course, in the end, it's still every person's decision for themselves. In fact, that's the whole premise behind the title Jini gave her book...she's sharing information that's proven effective for many, many people, but it's still Listen to YOUR Gut.

Craniosacral therapy can be quite effective at releasing and softening scar tissue. You'd want to make sure you go to a therapist certified by the Upledger Institute at Level 2 or higher. Additionally, castor oil packs can be effective...instructions for using them are widely available on the Internet. Strictures are discussed in more detail on pages 134-140 of LTYG.

I'll ask Jini to comment on the lauricin.

All the best,
Nicole