Forums

Go Back   Forums > Main Forum > Members Forum

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 AM

Default Miralax

Dear Nicole,

I just had my appointment with the MD/vascular surgeon. After a short interview, knowing that I've had difficulty with constipation since my daughter was born (emergency c-section) arrived very quickly at a couple of preliminary conclusions---that the muscles of my colon are week and magnesium citrate has taken this to the limit and I should go on a drug called Miralax (for life) or until surgery, taking out the colon. He said most of the time clients have had this problem since birth. So he left a little doubt in there for seeing if there is scar tissue from my emergency c-section 10 years ago.

In any case, he wrote a prescription for the Miralax. And, in any case, a cat scan with dye to see the twists, etc. or what might be twists due to scar tissue was the direction. Jini had suggested an ultrasound, but he said it wouldn't show anything.

And he was very WESTERN and admitted it fully, not thinking that anything else I could be doing could be helpful. Well, I just don't blame him when this is so much his own strong point of view and bias.

Still, what I am working with is wanting to bring peristalsis back without taking Miralax. He was very adamant about my giving up on getting peristalsis back--that no measures I was mentioning like DMSO or massage or--well, he didn't interview me on my alternatives. In his mind, at the time, there seemed to be none. And that surgery was going to be where I'd go eventually.

So, without blame or fault, I want to know more about my alternatives...and wondering how I can explore more points of view to choose from. I will call my naturopath and speak with her as well...she had seemed to run out of things to try...
i
I am calm and open to every emotion, thought, feeling in this. I know EFT and my Great Freedom work are so very helpful with these aspects. In fact, being at peace and taking action when it feels right is how I'm proceeding.

Getting a cat scan to see if there is a structural twist that needs attention does feel right after nine years working alternatively.

What I've loved about your site is it as given me new avenues. I think you deal more specifically with Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. I don't fall into those categories...so this is about bringing peristalsis and I'm gathering ingredients for anal stenosis suppositories in case that part of the muscular canal needs healing or strengthening as well.

I am on the fourth week of the elemental diet and feel I need to think about returning to food, gently and gradually. My mouth often has a metallic feel/taste. I am using the Bone Health and Minerals. I'm titrating down to from 10 drops oregano oil to 5 drops 3 times a day.

My last entry under "burning in descending colon" didn't get a reply this week. I've decided to start this new thread on this aspect of my journey.

I've been doing castor oil packs almost three weeks...and next step is DMSO as well and the suppositories.

Can you help me with re-entry and peristalsis ideas from elemental diet to food?

Thank you for any possible insights,

Kirsten
Old 03-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Hi, Kirsten.

Regarding what the doctor said, no, you can't blame them for their viewpoints. They are telling things as they see them.

Still, the way they see things isn't gospel. If it was, people like Jini and I, and others who've healed their IBD, simply wouldn't exist.

I'll ask Jini to post regarding ideas on bringing back peristalsis.

All the best,
Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Jini Admin

Hi Kirsten,

What come to my mind is to use a healing visualization and possibly biofeedback.

Peristalsis is a muscular contraction, so you can train your body to activate those muscles. Re-read the section in LTYG where I discovered I could train my rectum to move the stool back UP into the colon when I didn't want to have a bowel movement - something that is also supposed to be uncontrollable (pg 368). I've had feedback from numerous people who have successfully implemented this technique, so I know it's something that anyone can implement.

So, go online and try to find a video of peristalsis, this one is quite grisly, but it really shows what intestinal peristalsis looks like, so will help you to visualize it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeVAeNM3Kd4

Remember, that whatever you visualize (in a deep, concentrated manner) the brain will implement in the body. (ref. "The Brain That Changes Itself" by Norman Doidge, MD)

So, here's a transcript you can use, record this onto tape/ipod/cd and then play it prior to your visualization. This will induce a deep meditative/theta brainwave state, so your visualizing will be even more effective:

Quote:
Lie down in your bed, on your back, or in a comfortable position. Put a pillow under your knees for support if you need it.

Begin by taking deep breaths in… and out…

Send the breath down to your feet, send your breath down to your knees, now breath into your hips.

Now breathe IN to your belly…feel your belly go soft and expand as the life-giving oxygen enters it…now feel it relax and soften further as you breathe OUT any worry in your belly.

Breathe in…soft belly… breathe out any fear

Breathe in… soft belly… breathe out any sadness and pain

My breath breathes me, I am being breathed by my breath.

Now breathe into your back, feel the breath expand your middle back and gently push against your muscles and rib cage in your back.

Breathing in light breathing out anxiety

Breathing into your back… my breath breathes me, I am being breathed by my breath

Breathing in light

Breathing out sadness and pain

Now just let your breath happen naturally, wherever it wants to go. My breath breathes me, I am being breathed by my breath

Feel how your body feels right now

Feel your muscles getting looser… and settling down…sinking in

Feel your bones…heavy and solid…sinking down…relaxing and releasing

Now move your awareness to your heart. As you breathe in, your heart fills with light and love

This light and love is given freely by the universe, great spirit, the divine, god. It is always available to you and you can call it in and fill yourself up at any time

Breathe in the light and love of the universe, streaming into your heart, warming, softening, healing and flowing, pouring throughout your whole body

We call in the power of the divine to work with us today

As we go deeper, we begin to go higher, we ask that our vibration be lifted to a higher frequency, a frequency more aligned with the divine, more aligned with our healing, aligned with our higher purpose, our truest self

Take another deep breath and go deeper deeper deeper and higher.

Letting go of our worries and thoughts, surrendering and releasing them to a higher power.

Take another deep breath and go deeper and higher into the hands of spirit, my physical body is now at peace becoming more and more relaxed.

Peace is with me

Peace is my Divine Right

Take another deep breath

I surrender my anxiety to you God / universe

Now begin your healing visualization

In fact, you've inspired me, because I've been working on some Healing Meditations - so I will go now and see if I can copy just this section as an mp3 file and then merge it into some soothing music that will play during your visualization part - then you can download it and it will be ready to go.

Keep an eye on the NEW CONTENT homepage here. Or, you can record it immediately yourself and get going on it.

take care,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Jini Admin

Default Healing Meditation

Hi Kirsten,

I'm still uploading the new healing meditations to JPT Wellness, but in the meantime, I've got one up on my blog, so you can go download it and get going with that:

http://www.listen2yourgut.com/blog/p...ng-meditation/

best,
Jini
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on natural healing methods for digestive diseases. Her books have sold into more than 40 countries worldwide. However, she is not a registered health professional nor doctor of any sort. The information in this posting is simply her own personal opinion. www.listen2yourgut.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Jini Patel Thompson and Caramal Publishing Inc. (DBA Caramal Holistic Health) are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Hi, Kirsten.

Jini also found another video that may help you in doing visualizations. This video shows colonic peristalsis in pigs - which is very similar to humans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G37iwuf7t_U

Hope that helps!

Nicole
Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. Nicole Paull & Caramal Publishing Inc. are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this post. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this post.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Jini Admin

Hi Kirsten,

ALL the healing meditations are now live on the home page.....

let me know what you think.

Jini

Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Thank you, Jini and Nicole,

Your teleseminar with Maraline Krey has led me to work with her on my gut issues and ph balancing. I'm also interested in the work of Carolyn Dean from your teleseminars here. I haven't contacted her. I tend to stay with one stream at a time and give it time to work.

Perhaps Jini was right that I would have done better on the Elemental diet with juicing...and if I'm working with a kink in the lower colon, there may be more to clear that elemental and juicing don't address.

I'm working with a salt flush now. Before I leave the forum. I'd love to hear what you understand about salt flushes and their roll in clearing the colon.

Do you have a protocol for a salt flush? I'm trying to work this out on my own, first using sole...then salt crystals (Himilayan). I had a weekend throwing up and couldn't get anything down. The salt flush got me eventually out of the "emergency."

Kirsten